celebrities

Mark Wahlberg wants you (and the law) to forget that he assaulted a man and left him blind

Mark Wahlberg may be a successful Hollywood actor and a doting husband and dad now, but he wasn’t always on the straight and narrow. During his younger years, he was a bit of a thug in the truest sense, and drugs and crime were the name of the game and he got into some serious trouble. The worst of it seems to be a 1988 incident in which he assaulted a man and left him permanently blind. Well, he wants us – and the law – to forget all that now and he hopes to have it removed from his criminal record. From NECN: The movie superstar, now 43, has filed an application with the Massachusetts Board of Pardons, hoping to get his criminal record erased. “I am deeply sorry for the actions that I took on the night of April 8, 1988, as well as for any lasting damage that I may have caused the victims,” Wahlberg wrote in his pardon application. “Since that time, I have dedicated myself to becoming a better person and citizen so that I can be a role model to my children and others.” Wahlberg says in the application, filed Nov. 26, that on April 8, 1988, he tried to steal two cases of alcohol from a man outside a convenience store on Dorchester Avenue, hitting him over the head with a stick and then punching another man in the face as he fled from police. There are far more details on the original source if you’re so inclined to read it. However, another piece on the incident on The Boston Globe website also makes note of an incident 2 years prior, in 1986, in which Wahlberg and a friend followed two 9-year-old black school girls on a field trip, threw rocks at them and hurled racial slurs. Lovely. Frankly, Mark Wahlberg has always struck me as a right dickhead, and while I’m sure he’s changed in some way – because people are capable of it, especially when millions of dollars are on the line – but like… I dunno. A person who has that in them in the first place would have to do a LOT of work on themselves – and perhaps with mental health professionals – to truly say they’ve changed. Has Mark Wahlberg? Eh, I dunno if that’s for any of us to decide. Follow us on Twitter | Facebook

celebrities

Megan Fox and Brian Austin Green got hit by a drunk driver

Megan Fox and Brian Austin Green could have been seriously injured this week, but don’t worry – they’re actually okay. They were out driving in Los Angeles on Friday when a drunk driver switched lanes and swiped their Range Rover. Thankfully they weren’t hurt at all, but they could have been – and the possibility has really left them shaken up. “It could have ended horribly. We were talking about it today, on the way to run errands. I was saying, ‘We’re really lucky,” Green, 41, told Us at the 6th Annual Night of Generosity Gala in Beverly Hills on Friday, Dec. 5. “He was going 50 miles an hour, and we were going 25 down the street, and we hit head?on. The inertia of that is is life changing. That’s life changing for us.” The couple’s two sons Noah, 2, and Bodhi, 9 months, were luckily not in the car at the time. Still, Green and 28-year-old Fox (who was in the passenger seat) were shaken up by the incident. “[The driver] hit the air bag. I got out of the car. I shook hands with the man,” Green explained. “The cars did their jobs.” “That being said, he came around the corner very fast,” the actor continued. “Let alone, I’ve heard, he had a few drinks.” As previously reported, Green called the cops at the scene and the drunk driver was then taken into custody. Huh. Well, it’s a good job nobody was hurt. I still will never, ever understand why people get behind the wheel when under the influence of drugs or alcohol. It really boggles my mind. If you had the money to go out buying alcohol, you’ll have the money to call a damn taxi home so that you don’t take someone’s life – or possibly your own. Follow us on Twitter | Facebook